Sheldon Clubhouse is a bridge to the life our members want.
Sheldon Clubhouse exists to support our members on their journey from mental illness to mental wellness. Through involvement in Sheldon Clubhouse, members are supported in achieving their personal goals and contributing to the communities they live in. Members have a key role in all aspects of Sheldon Clubhouse. Staff and members work together as colleagues. As a result, members feel respected, valued, and feel a sense of hope for the future.
Members and staff work side-by-side to lift each member’s talents, both within and outside of Sheldon Clubhouse through transitional employment. From nutrition to social connection, Sheldon Clubhouse is a place of safety and support among those who understand life’s challenges, to getting members connected with the best version of themselves.
A Mission of Critical Support
- A Working Community--Members and staff work side by side in all aspects of Sheldon House, in which each member's talents and abilities are recognized and utilized.
- Employment--Sheldon House provides paid employment opportunities in local businesses for members who want work. We help members become successful employees.
- Wellness— Sheldon House offers health and wellness initiatives, providing opportunities to improve diet and have a healthy lifestyle.
- Education--Our Clubhouse offers support to reach member’s education goals.
- Social Activities--Members of the Clubhouse have the opportunity to enjoy and build social connections, through our social activities.
A Global Clubhouse Model